Facilitation Services, Consultation, and Technical Assistance
JBLA is committed to offering specific critical technical assistance and creative problem-solving for each project. We provide advice, guidance and information to help you understand, anticipate, and respond to key issues and conditions in your environment.
Clients have benefitted from the expertise available from the JBLA staff, and its pool of professional consultants and subcontractors, in such areas as:
- Capacity-building and strategic planning
- Developing, managing, and analyzing multiple databases
- Conducting professional development and training
- Managing expert panels, advisory groups, and task forces
- Assessing student outcomes and institutional accountability
- Planning and conducting policy evaluation and implementation
JBLA staff members are able to address key technical and conceptual issues affecting the postsecondary education community, including educational institutions, public agencies, and policy-making bodies.
Examples of our work in assisting clients are found in these projects:
- Community Colleges Can!, U.S. Department of Education
- District of Columbia Community College Feasibility Study, Greater Washington Research at Brookings and DC Appleseed
- HECAS and CUDAS, National Education Association
- Persistence of Low-income Students, The Pell Institute/Council for Opportunity in Education